Tuesday, July 08, 2008
The FWBO/TBMSGThe Friends of the Western Buddhist Order (FWBO) was founded in 1967 by Sangharakshita. It is now an international movement with activities in more than 20 countries, including India, where it is known as the TBMSG, the 'Trailokya Bauddha Mahasangha Sahayaka Gana'. The FWBO/TBMSG is a non-sectarian Buddhist movement which seeks promote the practice of Buddhism in a form appropriate to the modern world.
Contact FWBO and TBMSG News
FWBO news delivered
Previous posts by topic
Academic, Addiction, Africa, Akasavana, Amaravati, Ambedkar, Arts, Aryaloka, Australia, Authors, BBC, Belgium, Berlin, Bhutan, Birmingham, Bodh Gaya, Books, Boston, Brazil, Breathworks, Brighton, Bristol, Buddhafield, Cambridge, Canada, Cardiff, Carers retreats, CD, Celebrations, Children, China, Clear Vision, Communities, Croydon, Cuba, Dana, Death, Delhi, Denmark, Dhammakranti, Dhanakosa, Dhardo Rinpoche, Dharma teaching, Dharmaduta, Dharmapala College, Disability, Dublin, Dusseldorf, Eco-Dharma, Edinburgh, Education, Engaged Buddhism, Facebook, Features, festival, Finland, France, Free Buddhist Audio, Funding, Fundraising, FWBO, FWBO Development Team, FWBO People, Germany, Glasgow, FWBO Groups, Guhyaloka, Health, Holland, Homelessness, Hungary, India, INEB, Interbuddhist, Interfaith, Ipswich, Ireland, Japan, Jobs, Johannesburg, Karuna, Kent, Kerala, Korea, LBC, Leeds, London, Maharastra, Maine, Malaysia, Manchester, Mauritania, Media, Meditation, Metta Vihara, Mexico, Mindfulness, Mitras, Mongolia, Mumbai, Musicians, Nagarjuna, Nagpur, Nepal, New Hampshire, New Zealand, Newcastle, NNBY, North London, Norway, Nottingham, NTI, NVC, Obituaries, Online, Order events, Ordination, Padmaloka, Parents, Paris, Peterborough, Photographs, Pilgrimage, Poland, Preceptors, Prisons, Psychotherapy, publications, Pune, Radio, research, Resignations, Retreats, Right Livelihood, Russia, San Francisco, Sangharakshita, Sarnath, Schools, Scotland, Sheffield, Singapore, Social projects, South America, Spain, Sri Lanka, Stupas, Sudarshanaloka, Survey, Sweden, Sydney, Tamil Nadu, Taraloka, TBMSG, Thailand, Tibet, Tiratanaloka, Translations, Turkey, UK, Urthona, USA, Vajraloka, Valencia, Veganism, Vegetarianism, Venezuela, Video, Visiting Teachers, Wales, WBO, Websites, Wildmind, Windhorse, Windhorse Publications, Women, Yatra, Youth
- Sangharakshita news - in London with the Dalai Lam...
- Rave reviews for the Buddhafield Festival
- Karuna Appeal in North London – a glimpse behind t...
- The British Buddhist Landscape Conference - a brie...
- Free Buddhist Audio News – RSS Updates, Podcast, N...
- Buddhafield Festival 2008 - new site, new line-up ...
- The Adventures of Rijumati - part III
- Two lesser-known FWBO journals…
- Invitation to participate in on-line research stud...
- India, Karuna, and advocacy work
- Stephen Parks Bell
- Roy Peters
- Suvannavira in Russia
- College of Public Preceptors - Ordination training across the F/WBO
- Karuna Appeal volunteers - Fundraisers raising money for social and dhamma work in India
- Free Buddhist Audio - FWBO audio/text archive
- Tiratanaloka - Helping women prepare for ordination into the WBO
- Padmaloka - News from Padmaloka men's retreat centre